Yesterday I bought all the ingredients. Today I figure out what to do with them.
Shopping without recipes and lists saves a lot of time.
- Buy what looks good. No settling for wilted cilantro.
- Be opportunistic. Without recipe restrictions, you can decide on those beautiful Brussels sprouts.
- Focus on what’s in season, local, organic, fair trade, GMO-free, price – whatever is important to you.
- Only buy what the store has. When using recipes I can remember driving to three stores to find sorrel or pink peppercorns before giving up.
- Avoid the gridlock of grocery carts. You don’t need anything in that area.
This method requires in-store vision. Go-together ingredients pop out at you. You know whether you’ll have enough balance of vegetables and starches. What I do once home is really to decide whether the carrots will go with the roasted vegetables or into one of the other dishes. Will the…
View original post 85 more words